5 Ways to Prevent Mold in Your Commercial Building
By possibly eliminating some of the health risks associated mold and human contact, try following these tips to try and prevent mold from growing inside your commercial building.
- Be observant: Mold can grow in places you may have never thought of. Try to be mindful and develop some type of routine to search for any signs of mold or damp surfaces, areas with high moisture or humidity, and in rooms where there may be stains on the wall and have smelly carpet.
- Reduce moisture. The area of the country where your commercial building is located may mean the humidity is always going to be high. Damp air could make it easy for mold to grow in your building. You may wish to have dehumidifiers installed either in basements or attics to help keep areas dry.
- Clean the HVAC: Your buildings air conditioning, heating and ventilation system can increase the chances that mold spores are blown throughout the building. By having the HVAC system and ducts cleaned on a regular basis, this may help reduce the transfer of mold spores.
- Repairs: Make repairs and any other issues with the building as soon as they happen, and always try to catch any leaks and water damage before it turns into a moldy mess. Leaky roofs, and unsealed window and door frames are all problems that can cause mold to grow.
- Let the pros handle it: The needs of almost every commercial building are different. So, sometimes to effectively prevent mold from growing, a mold remediation specialist such as SERVPRO of Lenoir, Duplin and Jones Counties may be needed. Our specialists can customize a plan to fit your commercial building. By working with our remediation specialists, we can help you feel confident that any existing mold problems are responded to quickly and hopefully eliminated in the future.